Dendritic Tubulin in One Retinal Bipolar Species
Copyright(c)2013-2015 Jonathan D. Lettvin, All Rights Reserved.
- You need a WebGL-enabled browser to see this.
- Tubulin strand tips are at cartesian paraboloid vertices.
- Tubulin polymers are shown coursing from dendritic spines to axon.
- Each tubulin polymer is given a relatively unique color.
- Not shown here is a required tgv subset activating "selector".
change rotation speeds.
<SPACE> toggles motion.
- This shape has had a horizontal selector applied.
- Dentritic spines act as tgvs (transient gradient vector sensors).
- Active dendritic spines are the tiny green and red arrows.
- green/red (radial/axial) tgvs detect increases in oppositions.
- A sensed gradient becomes a signal coursing down a white tubulin.
- Legacy Paraboloid2/Tubulin.py generates the raw data